For the Chicken Breast:
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 six to eight-ounces boneless and skinless Breast of Chicken
- Salt & Pepper
Make the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Butter, not salted
- 2 Shallots, minced
- ½ pounds mixed Mushrooms, Baby Portobello, Shitake, Crimini, or Oyster
- ½ bag Spinach Leaves, chopped
- ½ cup good White Wine, Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc will work great
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch, diluted into 2 tablespoons water (if needed)
- Add more Butter at the end if you wish
- For the Chicken Breast:
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, sauté the chicken breasts on one side until golden brown. Turn chicken over and transfer to cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat and bake for 10 minutes or until inside temperature is 160°/165°.
- Make the Sauce:
- In a reduction sauce pan, heat the butter and olive oil. When hot add the shallots and cook until light golden brown. Add the mushrooms and salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes (this could take 5 to 8 minutes) to let them release ALL their water.
- Add the spinach and cook for a couple more minutes until wilted. Add the white wine and let it reduce by half or until very smooth.
- Add the stock and cream, let it reduce on medium high heat for about 5 minutes to thicken. You may have to reduce the heat to medium to low heat.
- Use a little corn starch slurry to thicken to the right consistency if needed it!
- Add more butter at the end of the heat!
For the Infrared Laser Thermometer: click here For the Instant Read Thermometer: click here For the Woll - Diamond Lite Non Stick Fry Pan: click here For the Silicone Cooking/Baking Mat: click here For the Salt and Pepper Keeper Made in France: click here For the Salt and Pepper Keeper Made in China: click here For the Reduction Sauce Pan: click here