- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 pounds boneless and skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup minced Onion
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper cut into medium to small dice
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper cut into medium to small dice
- 1 cup Celery cut into ½ inches cubes
- 1 pound Smoked Sausage sliced or Smoked Ham dice into medium dices
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tablespoons chopped Garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped Thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped Tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 1 ½ cups Peeled Tomatoes drained and cut into small dice juice reserved
- 2 or 3 Bay Leaves
- 7 cups super good quality Shrimp or Chicken Stock homemade or “Imagine”, “Kitchen Basics” or the “Organic Chicken Broth” from Costco it’s delicious
- 4 cups Enriched Parboiled Long Grain Rice we use Uncle Ben’s Converted Brand
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, when hot add the chicken and sauté for a few minutes until golden brown on all sides, remove from the pan and reserve.
- In a large Dutch Oven (at least 7 Quarts) add the onion and cook until golden brown. Add the peppers, celery and the sausage and cook for a few minutes. Add the tomato purée and cook for a few for a couple minutes. Add the garlic, fresh thyme, tarragon and cayenne; when fragrant add the tomatoes, bay leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the stock and the rice and the reserved chicken combining all ingredients thoroughly.
- Cook for 45 to 60 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
Click here for the Roasted Garlic Olive Oil https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/Garlic-Olive-Oil_p_446.html Click here the Dutch Oven's https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/Staub_c_41.html