For the Lasagna click here
For the Tomato Meat Sauce click here
- 4 ounces Sweet not salted Butter
- 1 cup Onion
- ½ cup Flour
- 3 cups hot Milk or as much as you need to get the sauce to your consistency
- ¼ teaspoon Grated Nutmeg
- ½ cup grated Swiss Cheese or Gruyere
- ½ cup grated Cheddar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat (AT VERY LOW HEAT) butter when hot add the onion and cook until translucent and very light golden brown. Add the flour mix well and add about 3 cups of the hot milk. With a whisk, cook while mixing continuously 15 minutes minimum. Add as much milk as necessary if the sauce is too thick.
- The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Season with the nutmeg and salt and pepper. Add the cheeses and cook for a few more minutes to make certain that the cheeses are melted.
- When finish cooking add the egg yolks and mix rapidly to avoid scrambled eggs.