- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ Pounds Pork Tenderloin – Brined see instructions below
- Roasted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 to 12 Chicken Tights or Legs skin off
- 1 ½ cup Onion diced
- ½ pound Bamba Calasparra Rice or Enriched Parboiled Long Grain Rice from Uncle Ben’s Converted Brand
- ½ pound Chorizo Sausage cut into ¼ inch dice
- ½ cup FRESH Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Saffron
- 2 tablespoons Garlic minced
- 1 ½ cup mixed Green Red or Yellow Peppers, cut into medium to small dice
- 1 cup peeled seeded and diced medium size Tomato
- 1 cup Serrano Ham or any good backed Ham cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 12 medium Shrimp about 21/25 per pound
- 1 pound Grouper Sea Bass, or Dolphin cut into 1 ½ ounces piece
- 12 nice size Sea Scallops
- 12 large Shrimp about 15 per pound
- 2 pounds Mussels
- Lemon wedges or crown for decoration
- Italian Parsley for decoration
- ½ cup Peas for decoration
- Fleur De Sel Salt and Black Pepper
For the Brine
- ¼ cup Salt
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Molasses
- 1 quarts Water
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 few Juniper Berries if you have them
For the Rub
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Ground Coriander
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
For the Mussels
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thyme chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Garlic chopped
- 1 ½ cups Chardonnay
- 2 pounds fresh Mussels
- 2 tablespoons Parsley chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- If you are going to follow the same order than the Chef used on his video please follow the instructions below. If not you can just prepare the pork tenderloin separately.
- Brine the Pork Tenderloin
- In a small glass lasagna pan, dissolve all the ingredients and place the cleaned pork tenderloin, cover and refrigerate for about 3 to 4 hours. Remove from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- To start the Paella. Heat a frying pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil; when hot, add the chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- In a “Paella Pan” add another 2 tablespoons olive oil and when hot add the onion, cook until translucent, add the rice and cook for a few minutes. Add the chorizo sausage, saffron and Orange juice cook for 2 minutes to make saffron infusion. Add garlic, peppers, ¾ cup of the tomatoes, and Serrano ham and stock. Making sure that the rice is well distributed evenly in the bottom of the entire pan.
- Arrange the chicken pieces all around the pan and bring to a boil and immediately, place pan in the oven and cook for 10/15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking in the oven in the Paella Pan, pan sear the pork and place in the oven for about 10 minutes or however long it takes to get to 140F. Take out of Oven and let it rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- Pork Rub
- Mix all the ingredients with a whisk and rub all over the tenderloin, making sure to press until the rub adheres.
- Remove Paella from the oven; add the medium shrimp, snapper, grouper, scallops, “Fleur de Sel” salt. Making sure to submerge all the ingredients into the pan. Return to the oven and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- While the Paella is cooking, cook the large shrimp in a frying pan just long enough to cook their outside, but not cooking them all the way!
- Cook the Mussels
- In a Saute Casserole with lid, large enough to hold the mussels, heat the olive oil, when hot add the onion, and cook until translucent, add the thyme and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the wine; when boiling add the mussels, cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until all the mussels have opened. Remove as they open, DO NOT OVERCOOK. Save the liquid to make a bisque for the next day, just add some chicken stock, cream saffron cook for 10 minutes and adjust the consistency to your liking with corn starch.
- Cut the pork tenderloin about ½ to ¾ thick slices.
- Remove the Paella again for the oven, add arrange the pork and submerge, add the chopped tomatoes & peas.
- Go back in the oven for a couple minutes.
- Cut your Lemon crown.
- Arrange the mussels all the way around the Paella pan and sprinkle with chopped parsley! And VOILA!!! Bon Appetit!
For the Roasted Garlic Olive Oil, click the link below https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/Garlic-Olive-Oil_p_446.html For the Paella Pan, click the link below https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/search.asp?keyword=paella For the Fleur de Sal Salt, click the link below https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/Fleur-De-Sel-Salt_p_572.html For the Sauté Casserole Pan, click the link below https://chefjp-com.3dcartstores.com/Stainless-Steel-Casserole-Pan-Satin-Finish_p_72.html