- 1 tablespoon Butter or Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of sweet Butter
- 2 Shallots minced (if you have no shallots use onion)
- 2 tablespoons freshly Chopped Thyme tarragon, sage would also works great!
- 2 tablespoons Black Mission Fig or Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Port Madeira or your favorite Red Wine*
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch diluted in 1-tablespoon water
- More Butter to taste
- Makes enough for 4 to 6 Servings
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and the butter and add the shallots
- Cook until golden brown. Add the thyme when fragrant, add the balsamic vinegar and add the port wine and the stock, let cook for 15 minutes on medium to low heat
- Add salt and pepper and the cornstarch mixture. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. If not, add a touch more of cornstarch diluted in water.
*If using Red Wine be sure to use a “good one” and to reduce it in the sauce pan by half to ¼ cup