- 1 pound Cheese or Spinach filled Tortellini
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted Butter
- ¼ pound approximately Prosciutto, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon Shallots minced (red onion if you do not have shallots)
- 1/4 cup Vodka
- 1 1/2 cups Tomatoes - peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoons canned Tomato Puree
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- Cook the tortellini 85% of the way. Keep them undercook as they will continue to cook in the cream. As soon as you remove them from the water, add a little bit of olive oil and rub them carefully to coat them but not breaking them.
- In a sauté pan, heat the butter, add the shallots and prosciutto and shallots. Sauté for 2 minutes or until shallots turn light brown. Add the tomato puree and sauté for a few minute to caramelize all the ingredients together. Add the Vodka and stir, then ignite with a match (optional). When flames subside, add the chopped tomatoes, cream and precooked pasta let reduce for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cream thicken slightly.
- Adjust the salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the Parmigiano and serve immediately.